Xiaowei Zhou (周晓巍)
– GRASP Laboratory & Department of CIS
– University of Pennsylvania
Address: Levine Hall L403, 3330 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19104
Please find my CV here
I’m passionate about solving interesting problems in computer vision and biomedical image analysis using statistical and optimization techniques. My PhD thesis is on low-rank modeling for image analysis. It covers several topics about the analysis of natural or biomedical images in which the useful information can be described by a low-rank matrix and extracted from noisy data based on the low-rank property. After joining the GRASP Lab at Penn, I’m most interested in 3D shape reconstruction and pose estimation of nonrigid objects from a single image or a video. I’m also working on a project on vision-based navigation of UAVs for autonomous deck operation.
Sep. 2008 – Aug. 2013, Ph.D. in Electronic and Computer Engineering, HKUST
Mar. 2012 – Jun. 2012, Visiting student at Image Processing and Analysis Group, Yale University
Sep. 2004 – Jun. 2008, Bachelor in optical engineering, Zhejiang University
- X. Zhou, J. Liu, X. Wan, W.Yu. Piecewise-constant and low-rank approximation for identification of recurrent copy number variations. To appear in Bioinformatics, 2014
- X. Zhou, X. Huang, J.S. Duncan, W. Yu. Active Contours with Group Similarity. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2013.
- X. Zhou, W. Yu. Low-Rank Modeling and its Applications in Medical Image Analysis. SPIE Defense, Security, and Sensing: Signal, Image, and Neural Net Processing, 2013 (Invited paper).
- X. Zhou, C. Yang, W. Yu. Moving Object Detection by Detecting Contiguous Outliers in the Low-Rank Representation. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 2013.
- X. Zhou, C. Yang, X. Wan, H. Zhao, W. Yu. Multi-Sample aCGH Data Analysis via Total Variation and Spectral Regularization. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, 2013.
- X. Zhou, S. Lei, Y. Yu, C. Lien, K. K. Shung, W. Yu. Ultrasound Bio-Microscopic Image Segmentation for Evaluation of Zebrafish Cardiac Function. IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, 2013.
- X. Zhou, C.Yang, W. Yu. Automatic Mitral Leaflet Tracking by Outlier Detection in the Low-rank Representation. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2012.
- C. Yang, X. Zhou, X. Wan, Q. Yang, H. Xue and W. Yu. Identifying Disease-Associated SNP Clusters via Contiguous Outlier Detection. Bioinformatics, 2011.
- X. Zhou, T. Liang, and W. Yu. Accurate Segmentation of Ultrasound Images Using the Motion Cue. In Proceedings of International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging, 2010.