Xiaowei Zhou (周晓巍)
– GRASP Laboratory & Department of CIS
– University of Pennsylvania
Address: Levine Hall L403, 3330 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19104
Please find my CV here
I have a broad background and research experience in computer vision, medical image analysis and bioinformatics. My motivation has always been to mathematically understand and interpret high-dimensional data in these areas, such as videos, medical images and genomics data, in order to develop provable computational methods for extracting valuable information from data. In particular, I developed several low-rank modeling-based methods for image analysis during my PhD. After moving to the GRASP Lab at Penn, I’m primarily interested in 3D shape reconstruction and pose estimation of nonrigid objects from a monocular camera. I’m also working on a project on vision-based navigation of UAVs for autonomous deck operation.
Sep. 2008 – Aug. 2013, Ph.D. in Electronic and Computer Engineering, HKUST
Mar. 2012 – Jun. 2012, Visiting student at Image Processing and Analysis Group, Yale University
Sep. 2004 – Jun. 2008, Bachelor in optical engineering, Zhejiang University
- X. Zhou, J. Liu, X. Wan, W. Yu. Piecewise-constant and low-rank approximation for identification of recurrent copy number variations. Bioinformatics, 2014
- X. Zhou, X. Huang, J.S. Duncan, W. Yu. Active Contours with Group Similarity. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2013.
- X. Zhou, W. Yu. Low-Rank Modeling and its Applications in Medical Image Analysis. SPIE Defense, Security, and Sensing: Signal, Image, and Neural Net Processing, 2013 (Invited paper).
- X. Zhou, C. Yang, W. Yu. Moving Object Detection by Detecting Contiguous Outliers in the Low-Rank Representation. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 2013.
- X. Zhou, C. Yang, X. Wan, H. Zhao, W. Yu. Multi-Sample aCGH Data Analysis via Total Variation and Spectral Regularization. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, 2013.
- X. Zhou, S. Lei, Y. Yu, C. Lien, K. K. Shung, W. Yu. Ultrasound Bio-Microscopic Image Segmentation for Evaluation of Zebrafish Cardiac Function. IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, 2013.
- X. Zhou, C.Yang, W. Yu. Automatic Mitral Leaflet Tracking by Outlier Detection in the Low-rank Representation. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2012.
- C. Yang, X. Zhou, X. Wan, Q. Yang, H. Xue and W. Yu. Identifying Disease-Associated SNP Clusters via Contiguous Outlier Detection. Bioinformatics, 2011.
- X. Zhou, T. Liang, and W. Yu. Accurate Segmentation of Ultrasound Images Using the Motion Cue. In Proceedings of International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging, 2010.